- Watch the recording of our virtual #IWillEatWithYou Immigration Justice & Storytelling dinner discussion event
- Share your story as part of OPAWL’s 2021 campaign for a more just and equitable immigration system: https://forms.gle/bggzxrPwLS74PM1t9
Resources for attendees:
- Value Our Families: https://valueourfamilies.org
- Op-ed about family immigration by Johanna Puno Hester
- [VIDEO] Last Week Tonight episode on Legal Immigration
- [VIDEO] Last Week Tonight episode on Asylum
- Value Our Families FAQ on “Merit”/Points-based systems
- CHIRLA’s Primer on Points-based Systems
- Specific attacks to the immigration system in 2020
- Summary of Rep. Chu’s Reuniting Families Act
Questions for continued discussion/reflection:
- Was there anything the panelists shared that resonated with you or your family’s story?
- What would an immigration system that’s based on empathy, love, and justice look like and feel like?
- How do you think we can build solidarity between immigrant communities?
- How are you seeing immigration issues or narratives in the election?
- In the US, many people tend to have a false monolithic perception of what immigrant communities look like. How do we dismantle those stereotypes?